Curried Devil Eggs
Write a review
- 12 large eggs, cold
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Finely chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Put the cold eggs (straight from the refrigerator) in the bottom of a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and remove the pan from the heat. Cover the pan and let stand for 12 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and rinse with cold water. Let the eggs cool a bit, and then peel while they are still warm (they are much easier to peel this way).
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, curry powder, mustard powder, cayenne and paprika. Season with salt.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Spoon out the cooked yolks and transfer to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture. Mash together with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the egg whites, or you can put the filling into a re-sealable bag, cut one end off and pipe it in. Garnish with paprika and chives before serving.